If you choose to list your property with a Realtor, they will help you get the property in tip top shape and point out what you can do to make the property more sale-able. However, if you have chosen to sell on your own, consider these questions when trying to sell your home.
1. What is the buyer’s first impression of the exterior?
2. Should I re-seed the lawn and get the landscaping in top shape?
3. Does the house or any part of the house need painting?
4. Should I replace the door mats?
5. Are the screens in good shape? Do they have any holes? Do the windows work well or do they need attention?
6. What is the buyer’s first impression as they step inside the house?
7. Are my pets in control at all times?
8. Does the carpet need cleaning or replacement?
9. Are all the appliances in good working order?
10. Can I take items out of the cabinets to make them look more spacious?
11. Is there any furniture that can be stored to make the rooms look larger?
12. Since all buyers want to look in closets, can I take some of the clothes out to make it look roomier?
13. Are the garage and storage areas as clean and neat as they should be?
14. Should I stay out of a prospective buyer’s way? (See post “What to do when a Buyer Visits”).
15. Is the price range and terms offered going to appeal to most of the buying public in my price range?
16. Do I need to be aware of other houses similar to mine also being offered for sale.
For further information on what I do to get homes sold, contact me for a free consultation and market analysis!