If you need to get the buyers in the door, consider doing an open house! Here are some tips on doing an open house as a For Sale By Owner:
1. Schedule the open house at least one week in advance.
2. Restrict the total number of hours you will be open to 3 or 4 hours.
3. Place directional arrows from about 3 or 4 blocks away toward your hoe.
4. Place a very visible Open House sign in the front yard.
5. Leave space for visitors to park.
6. Remove all debris from in front of the house.
7. Your front porch area and entryway should sparkle.
8. Turn all the lights on, including closets, and open the draperies.
9. Place your brochure and other printed material in the entry area.
10. Have extra lean bathrooms and close all the toilet lids!
11. If the home features organized closets, open a few for inspection.
12. Verify that valuables have not been left where they are accessible to visitors.
13. Put some tunes on and put the same music on in each room if possible.
14. Make guests sign in. That way you can contact them for follow up.